Thursday, February 25, 2010

Real Thoughts from a Faux Expert

I'm not an authority on advertising.
I'm not a pop culture connoisseur.
I'm not an Internet expert.

But I am fluent in all three. I live and breathe the ad business, which may or may not be a good thing. I honestly care about which typeface is used in a print ad and which music is used in a TV spot. I care if a marketing strategy is relevant to the consumer (which these days seems rarer and rarer). I believe in social media and allowing consumers to speak on behalf of the brand. I really do care.

But caring doesn't make me an expert. It just makes me passionate. And passion of the industry is what will fuel this blog. All posts will be real thoughts, but they're coming from a faux expert. So take it all with a grain of salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment