Wednesday, June 30, 2010

On Happiness

You are in charge of your own happiness. And sometimes things suck so bad that it's hard to stay happy. So here's what I suggest.

Build your own personal happy place. Fill it with all the memories that make you happy. And visit it as often as you need to.

My happy place includes:

People watching in Piazza San Marcos.
Driving golf carts around TCU.
Hanging on the stoop.
Club 2625.
The Infamous Apple Night.
Watching Marcus play.
The night Diana's ring went missing.
Climbing a glacier.
Antigua.
Hiking the Pasadena Dam.
Driving country roads with my best friend.
Theme parties.
The road trip to Shreveport.
The wavelength.
Walking home in a Chicago downpour.
The Paddy Wagon in San Antonio.
Canoeing on Lake Louise.
White water rafting.
Driving from Chicago to Boulder, in a blizzard, in a Geo Metro.
Chiefs games.
Playing car tag with Perry.
Long talks with Jordy.
Mardi Gras.
Christmastime at Krug Park.
My first concert.
The Six Fuzzies.
The Pub.
Air furniture.
My sisters.
This.
Homemade Halloween costumes.
Summer camp at Crowder State Park.
The night the door was kicked in.
DJ Copy.
Listening to ICP on the tour bus.
Sprite Night.
Playing Badminton.
Barbosas.

I love my happy place.

No comments:

Post a Comment