Wednesday, April 14, 2010

On Bad Days

Sometimes a day comes along that infuriates you so much you want to throw your hands up and quit. It happens to everyone. It happens in any occupation. It happens at big companies and it happens at small companies. It just happens.

So what do you do?

You go home. You unplug. And you go do something that'll make you happy. And then you go to bed.

And the next day, you wake up to a clean slate. You forget about yesterday. Forget about how bad it was. You find a way to just move on.

Moving on is as easy or as hard as you decide it'll be. Because it is a choice. You either choose to dwell or you choose to move on.

I'm wired to dwell. Most people are. It's an ego thing. But you can change that. You can decide that the anger and frustration aren't worth your energy. It takes time to reprogram your thinking. I've been working at it for awhile now, and it's still tough for me to not dwell on a bad day. But I know the anger isn't worth it in the end so I keep trying.

Tomorrow I'm starting over. And hopefully it'll be a better day. But if it isn't, I'll try again on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment