Monday, December 13, 2010

Lessons Learned

I've learned a surprising amount this year. Some lessons were fun. Some were empowering. And some were painful. But everything learned will make 2011 even better than 2010. And 2010 is going to be tough to top.

I've learned that...

I have the strength and determination to tackle the most daunting of tasks. Like losing 70lbs. Or making a music video. 

Happiness is a choice. You either choose to be happy or you choose not to be. Either way, it's in your hands.

I am awesome. And am worthy of awesomeness.

A good hike can resolve almost any internal battle.

LA can actually be fun if you know the right people and find the right scene.

There are tons of people out there who will drop everything to help me. All I have to do is ask.

There's a plus side to my closest friends living far away - mini vacations!

When life feels like a rollercoaster of uncertainty, the best thing to do is go ride some actual rollercoasters and enjoy.

Side projects are the key to staying happy in the ad industry.

I'm powerless when it comes to good song lyrics. Powerless.

I need to trust my instincts more.

If enough people are giving you the same advice, it'd be best to stop being so stubborn and actually listen.

Following my heart is important. But so is following my brain.

I'm fearless and strong.

Sometimes the best things disguise themselves as something terrible. Like being laid off, for example.

The only way someone can change is if they decide to do it for themselves.

Friends can be family and family can be friends.

Taking risks is important. If you don't put yourself out there, you won't know what's possible.

You work to live, not live to work.

Paintbrushes and charcoals and markers are the best kind of therapy for me.

The universe is on my side.

Forgiving someone is less painful than hating them.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, great post take another mini vacation to austin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe there's an Austin trip planned for early January...

    ReplyDelete