Monday, October 18, 2010

Bring It

When life feels like a rollercoaster, you may as well try to enjoy the ride. 

This sentiment was the point of my weekend excursion to Cedar Point. Life has been full of ups and downs lately and I was looking for a little perspective and a lot of fun. And here's what I got: 

26 hours of music therapy on the open road. 8 hours of rollercoaster therapy at Cedar Point. And an unexpected 5 minutes of complete clarity after a wrong turn.

Needless-to-say, I'm feeling pretty good right now. And I'm pretty proud of myself too. For a last minute weekend excursion, this one will go down in the books as one of the most empowering. And not just because I conquered the Top Thrill Dragster.

It launches you from 0-120mph in less than 4 seconds. Launches you 420 feet straight up. Which means you fall 420 feet straight down. And if you know me, you know I'm terrified of heights. TERRIFIED. But I couldn't pass up the challenge. So I did it. And I loved it. And I figure if I can handle this, then I can handle the rollercoaster ride that is my life. So bring it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment