Sunday, September 12, 2010

On Expectations

I believe people are inherently good. I believe everyone has talent and expertise in something. And I believe we exist for each other, that we're all in this together.

And because of this, I expect greatness from everyone. I expect kindness and selflessness and passion. I expect common courtesy. I expect honesty and goodwill. I expect a lot.

I clearly have incredibly high expectations. For myself. For friends. For colleagues. For pretty much everyone. Expectations that are probably too high. Expectations that are probably not very realistic. That even I fail to live up to.

So I'm legitimately asking here, how do I go about lowering my expectations?

Because I feel I'm being unfair to a lot of people for expecting so much from them. All anyone can do is their best. And not everyone's best is the same. And I don't want to be disappointed by that.

No comments:

Post a Comment