Tuesday, September 14, 2010

On Football

I love football season. Love it. And I'm a Chiefs fan, which sometimes makes it hard to love football. But not last night. Last night my boys made me proud. Last night the stadium was magical. Last night was the epitome of why I love football so much. Because loving football isn't just about the sport. It's about the camaraderie. It's about the fans.


It's having nothing besides fandom in common,
and yet during game time you're best friends.

It's having a beer with people you've never met before
and you'll probably never see again. 

It's 70,000 people in a stadium all cheering for the same thing. 

It's not being alone in your
pride/frustration/disappointment/happiness/hope.

It's random high-fives with strangers. 

It's win or lose, knowing thousands of other people
are feeling what you're feeling. 

It's realizing it's possible to put aside your differences
and coexist peacefully. 


It's why I love football season so much. Because for those three hours on game day, nothing else matters. And that's awesome. 



No comments:

Post a Comment